The skin of the lip has three to five cellular layers and hence is very delicate.Another interesting fact about lip skin is that it does not have any sebaceous glands.For these reasons, the lips dry out faster and become chapped more easily.Lip has a lot of nerve endings and therefore is very sensitive.Since lip skin is so delicate it has a tendency to shrink and thin with age.Smoking and aging process has its toll on the lips and lip lines develop giving a very aged and older look to appearance.In fact healthy full lips take off years from your appearance.Only a few simple steps ensure that you have a young and healthy look because of your lips.
Now let us have a look at these lip care steps.
- The most important point is to remember is that dry skin cause wrinkles- more so in case of delicate lip skin.So keep your skin hydrated and supple by drinking sufficient amount of water.Excessive intake of coffee and tea has dehydrating effect.So cut down on those.You can consider taking vitamin E supplement to keep your skin soft and supple.
- If you are a smoker give up smoking.Smoking not only dries the lips, it also reduces oxygen supply to the lip skin which provides the essential nutrient to the blood cells.Healthy and ample blood flow to the lip tissue gives you healthy pink lips.You can consider taking iron supplements to add a healthy pink glow to your face and lips.
- Exfoliating the lips regularly removes dead skin and helps generate new soft skin.You can use any lip scrub available in the shops or home made lip scrubs.One easy method of exfoliating the lips is to apply your favorite lip balm generously.Take any old tooth brush, wet it and thin dip it into a pinch of sugar. Scrub your lips with a light hand with this brush.Wash off and again apply lip balm.
- If you are the kind of person who spends a lot of time exposed to the UV ray of the sun remembers to use a lip balm with SPF.
- Topical application of vitamin E oil not only keeps your lips soft, it helps in reducing lip lines.Same goes for almond oil.
- Apply honey to your lips for a few minutes and wash off to get soft lips.Honey is a natural moisturizer.
- Use lemon ridges to scrub your lips to remove any darkness from lip skin.Lemon is a natural skin lightener.
**If you follow these simple lip care tips you will continue to have healthy soft lips free of any lines or wrinkles and look young.
P/s: Let’s try it!